Sunday, 14 December 2008

Mirek's first ever blog

Yes, I know, what a boring title for this momentous leap into the depths of modern technology, but there you have it -- hello, world! Unlike my wife's (hereafter known as Jo) busy life of card-making (or rather constant experimenting) and blogging, my existence is much less artistic.


My work in the registration service continues (at the same office for the last 12 years) but things are constantly changing and there is rarely a dull moment. Apart from the daily stuff of legal preliminaries to marriages and civil partnerships, conducting of such ceremonies, issue of certificates, generally dealing with the public at large, attending meetings (oh yes!), vetting premises for ceremonies, solving people's computer problems (sorry, typo, trying to solve), conducting staff appraisals (yuk!), not being able to balance the monthly imprest account (I have acquired many new grey hairs), I also get to mess about a bit on the council's public website by writing text and supplying images about the registration service. Oh, and occasionally I also vacuum, sweep the main entrance, change the fluorescent tubes and, just this month, help hang the new 10 feet long curtains in the ceremony room. If' I'm lucky, I have an hour for lunch on a Friday. Well, it's varied!

1 comment:

craftimamma said...

Welcome to blogging Mirek. Nice to 'virtually' meet you.